Sheryl Crow has officially dropped the track listing, as well as the album art for her upcoming album Threads, slated to drop on the 30th of August.
The album is a composite of collaborations from country music’s biggest stars, some of which includes legends like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Emmylou Harris, and Vince Gill. She also collaborated with some of country music’s most notable artists of this decade, including Chris Stapleton, Maren Morris, Jason Isbell, and Brandi Carlile.
In a press statement, she expressed her reasoning behind the album.
“I became inspired to record an album of musical experiences with the legacy artists who inspired me to want to be a great songwriter, musician, and producer.”
Crow stressed that Threads was, in a way, a celebration and a tribute to the artists on the record.
Crow has already released two tracks from her album. She dropped her collaboration with Johnny Cash called “Redemption Day” last April, and she called the formidable forces of Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples last month for “Live Wire.”
Sheryl Crow’s Threads Official Track List
- “Prove You Wrong” ft. Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris
- “Live Wire” ft. Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples
- “Tell Me When It’s Ove”r ft. Chris Stapleton
- “Story Of Everything” ft. Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr.
- “Beware Of Darkness” ft. Eric Clapton, Sting & Brandi Carlile
- “Redemption Day” ft. Johnny Cash
- “Cross Creek Road” ft. Lukas Nelson (digital/physical)
- “Everything Is Broken” ft. Jason Isbell
- “The Worst” ft. Keith Richards
- “Lonely Alone” ft. Willie Nelson
- “Border Lord” ft. Kris Kristofferson
- “Still The Good Old Days” ft. Joe Walsh
- “Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You” ft. St. Vincent
- “Don’t” ft. Lucius
- “Nobody’s Perfect” ft. Emmylou Harris
- “Flying Blind” ft. James Taylor
- “For The Sake Of Love” ft. Vince Gill