Kelly Clarkson embodied the phrase ‘the show must go on!’
Before taking the stage inside the MGM Grand Arena, Clarkson admitted to E! News that it was her childhood dream to host the star-studded event.
“This is a pretty miraculous event for me, especially for my generation of people. Mariah Carey is going to be there, Madonna, Paula Abdul. There are just a lot of icons from my childhood performing at this specific Billboard. I’m really glad I said yes just so I could be there—and possibly get a picture.”
She even slays the performance during the opening!
Kelly Clarkson’s Surgery
In addition to her hosting duties, she also walked the red carpet, performed an amazing medley to open the show, and treated fans to a rendition of her new song. But with all the hype, this was all done while she was suffering from appendicitis.
Just hours after the show, she immediately flew back to Los Angeles to have the procedure done. The surgery was performed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles early Thursday morning.
Sources say that the country superstar is ‘doing great’ after the appendectomy. Clarkson later took to Twitter to recount the whole experience. She not only thanked her team but also consoled her fans that she was doing fine now.
“Not gonna lie…. I may or may not have broken down in tears after the show from pain BUT thanks 2 all the amazing people @ Cedars-Sinai I flew home directly after the event, nailed the surgery early this morning, & feeling awesome now! Bye bye appendix #TheShowMustGoOn“
Her post was a response to Buzzfeed reporter Jarett Wieselman, who commended her for a performance under pressure that did not show “any sign of discomfort.”
Wishing for a speedy recovery for Kelly and we look forward to seeing her well!
Appendectomy, appendix, Billboard, Kelly Clarkson
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- How Alan Jackson Helped His Daughter Through the Heartbreaking Loss of Her Husband