Released to radio in 2016, Jon Pardi’s “Dirt On My Boots” proves that he certainly knows how to create a hit song.
It was the second single off his sophomore album California Sunrise and it definitely blazed the charts. The song became Pardi’s second No. 1 single as it took the top spot of Billboard’s Country Airplay chart. It also peaked No. 2 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart and was a crossover hit, charting No. 37 on Billboard Hot 100.
On top of that, “Dirt On My Boots” earned two nominations during the 51st Annual Country Music Association Awards – these are Single of the Year and Song of the Year.
It’s A Song A Lot Of Folks Could Relate To
It is not only one of the many toe-tapping tunes among Jon Pardi songs, but it’s also the most relatable one.
Written by country star Rhett Atkins along with songwriters Ashley Gorley and Jesse Frasure, “Dirt On My Boots” is a farmer’s life story who wakes up at the crack of dawn to work hard under the heat of the sun just to get paid. But when the working day is finally over, he makes sure he’ll have a blast with the woman he loves.
“It’s about hard work, getting off, and getting ready to go out,” Pardi said as to why the song is relatable. “That happens every week—everybody gets off work, then decides to do something that weekend, and have a good time.”
Pardi admits that the country ballad reminds him of his younger self, working all day outdoors – but never forgets to have a good time at the end of the day. He described the demo as “super-hip-hop” and found the lyrics so country.
And Pardi made it even more country with banjo rolling through it. So, get your moves ready as you play “Dirt On My Boots” by Jon Pardi in the video below.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Behind the Limelight, Shania Twain Reveals Real-Life Tragedy