George Jones was one of the legendary singers in the industry of country music. During his lifetime, he released hundreds of hits. One of the incredible hits he recorded was “He Stopped Loving Her Today.” This song marked Jones’ greatest country song of all time. “He Stopped Loving Her Today” is Jones’ first number-one single to top on the country charts. Today, I will be talking about his heartfelt worship performance with the song “Just A Closer Walk With Thee.”
“Just A Closer Walk With Thee”
This is a traditional gospel song first recorded in 1941. Since then, “Just A Closer Walk With Thee” has become an all-time favorite gospel song which is sung in churches, and was recorded by many music artists. One of them is George Jones. He recorded the song and it was released in 2003 from his gospel album, Amazing Grace.
Amazing Grace contains gospel song recorded by Jones with his longtime producer Billy Sherill. Both had a great team-up but later slipped away when Jones jumped from Epic to MCA. However, when Sherill wanted to resign from his position, Jones convinced him to produce an album which contains different gospel songs. Amazing Grace was Jones’ first gospel album that Sherill and Jones released showing great goodness of the Lord.
Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to Thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be
No matter what we go through in our life, always put in mind that God is with us. He takes over everything that happens including those things that are on our minds. Sometimes, we are just hesitant to tell everything to Him especially our sins, but do we also know that he puts an eye to watch over us? So he probably knows everything.
Watch George Jones amazing performance below:
amazing grace, George Jones, just a closer walk with thee
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Kenny Chesney and George Strait Honor All The Hardworking People in “Shiftwork”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?