Elvis Presley’s grandson, Benjamin Keough, has died from a reported self-inflicted gunshot wound. The 27-year-old was found Sunday in Calabasas, California. Police said they responded to a “rescue response” call at about 6:30 am Sunday, adding: “Upon their arrival, they located the victim suffering from one gunshot wound to the upper torso.”
“The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Benjamin was the son of Lisa Marie, the only child of rock legend Elvis, and musician Danny Keough. The couple married on October 3, 1988, and divorced on May 6, 1994. Lisa Marie’s manager said the mother “is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated.”
Lisa Marie has also pursued a career in the music business, and she often dedicates songs to her children. In 2012, Ben inspired her song “Storm and Grace.” In the song, she sings about Ben, who was only 19 –year-old then, growing too fast. “Stop moving so fast there, and then take your foot off the gas. My heart can’t seem to take it, your storm, and your grace,” she sings. She accompanied the song with a heart-warming music video featuring family photos.
Benjamin’s sister, Riley Keough, is an actress and recently starred in the indie horror film The Lodge. She also appeared in romance-mystery Earthquake Bird, and TV series The Girlfriend Experience. He also has twin siblings, Finley and Harper, daughters of Lisa Marie, with her fourth husband, Michael Lockwood.
Lisa Marie is now “trying to stay strong for her 11-year-old twins and her oldest daughter Riley. She adored that boy. He was the love of her life.”Lisa Marie had also previously spoken of her son’s similarity to her dad Elvis, calling their resemblance “uncanny.” “Ben does look so much like Elvis. Everybody was grabbing him for a photo because it is just uncanny. Sometimes I am overwhelmed when I look at him,” she said.
Benjamin Keough, Elvis Presley
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- 15 Top Kenny Chesney Songs Over 25 Years of Country Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross