Cody Johnson’s “On My Way To You” provides space between notes for music lovers to gradually understand the message of recovery. Written by Brett James and Tony Lane, this song signals Johnson’s major label debut. It is the first track from his seventh studio record, Ain’t Nothin’ to It.
Out of Cody Johnson’s songs, it is among the country-est, most George Strait resonating tunes on the album. If you hear it from start to finish, there’s some common country vibe, southern rock, blues; however, they chose that since they believed it was laudable of who he is.
It is a country love song about a more straightforward, more reflective quest of falling in love, finding one’s better half, and recognizing you need to suffer and undergo many things before achieving the happily ever after.
Because it’s a real story, the song is even sweeter. “On My Way To You” by Cody Johnson finds the singer thinking about his numerous falls, difficulties, and heartbreaks en route to finding his wife. He sings over a thin but strong arrangement assisted by a fiddle and steel guitar and a soft snare drum.
The music video’s plot highlights the love story of an old couple while Johnson was in the veranda singing. It follows their lifelong journey – from the first glimpse to a longtime promise. It is as though we have read the portfolio of their relationship.
The song peaked at 78 in Billboard top 100, 13 in Hot Country Songs, and reached the No. 11 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart in 2019. The track earned the number 1 spot on Country Digital Song Sales in August 2018. The song also made it to Canada’s Country Songs at number 20 in 2018 and 2019. It was also Platinum certified by the RIAA in February 2020.
Follow the journey on Cody Johnson’s “On My Way To You” in the video below.
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Dolly Parton Revealed She Invested Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” Royalties in a Black Community
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill: The Story of Love That Inspires
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”