On Saturday, the 20th of April, breakout star Brandi Carlile surprised market-goers at Seattle’s Pike Place Market by not only giving an impromptu show but also bringing out Foo Fighter’s Dave Grohl with her on the adventure.
A Seattle native, Carlile dragged the rocker out to replicate how she started her career: busking.
Busking with Brandi Carlile and Dave Grohl
Although it was an impromptu show, Carlile alerted fans to the Saturday pop up jam session by broadcasting a few minutes of it live on her Facebook page.
Another Instagram post was posted in order to notify her fans what was about to happen.
Those who took the posts seriously was rewarded with amazing performances from the singer. Fans couldn’t believe how casual the entire encounter was.
She later posted on her Instagram a photo, with a caption saying:
“Got nostalgic and decided to swing by my old busking spot at Pike Place Market with the twins and Dave Grohl. … honestly one of the most surreal moments of my life.”
Their set in front of Pike Place Market included performances of The Beatles’ “Let It Be” and the Foo Fighters’ “Times Like These.”
Carlile posted the busking with the caption:
“Busking at Pike Place Market. Right where it all started so many years ago. Super special guest: Dave Grohl.”
Carlile had been a superstar in the Americana genre for years. She has come to the spotlight with a wider recognition with an amazing sweep at the 2019 Grammy Awards earlier this year. Most recently, she performed a duet with Dierks Bentley called “Travelin’ Light” at the Academy of Country Music awards.
Watch the amazing performance here!
Brandi Carlile, Busking, Dave Grohl
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams