On Sept. 3, 2018, Brett Eldredge and Meghan Trainor sang a beautiful rendition of ‘Islands In The Stream’ on an episode of CMT Crossroads.
2018 was the year where you get to hear a lot of crossovers from artists. Whether it’s pop, rock, or country, the blend of voice quality brightens any song. Take, for example, the collaboration between Eldredge and Trainor. The two teamed up to revived a timeless classic. It’s excellent for duets and celebrating friendship.
The country singer and pop star expressed their excitement to collaborate once again. They had worked on a Christmas album in the past, which proves they can duet perfectly.
For the one-hour show, the duo shared the stage with their respective hit singles. Showcasing their singing prowess as a treat to fans. Trainor belted out ‘All About The Bass’ and ‘No Excuses.’ She has also sung her latest single, ‘Let You Be Right,’ from her ‘Treat Myself’ album. On the other hand, the country star performed ‘Wanna Be That Song,’ ‘Drunk on Your Love,’ and ‘Haven’t Met You.’ The duet to the classic ‘Islands In The Stream’ to the delight of fans.
Brett Eldredge & Meghan Trainor Compliments Each Other
Trainor revealed in an interview that they had known each other for a few years back. She’s not only a fan of Eldredge’s music but also him as a person. The two worked together on the holiday song ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ for the country singer’s Christmas album. The pop singer shared her thrill as she performed with him on CMT Crossroads again.
Meanwhile, Eldredge expressed his love for Trainor, stating how he loves her music. He described it as a funky yet swaggy beat that not a lot is doing. He commented how their performance aimed to make everyone feel alive.
You can relive their sweet performance below.
Brett Eldredge, Meghan Trainor
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- WATCH: A Father’s Final duet with his Daughter
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- Here’s How C.W. McCall’s “Convoy” Became A Trucker Protest Anthem