The Legendary Lefty Frizzell
Lefty Frizzell is not only was one of the early pioneers of country music but is also a great influence on a lot of country musicians now. Frizzell was a big influence on Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Randy Travis, and Keith Whitley. Without Frizzell to set the style and tone of country music then we wouldn’t know what country music sounds like.
His famous hit songs that were known by many were: “If You’ve Got the money, I’ve Got the Time,” “I Want to be With You Always,” and “Always Late (with Your Kisses).”
All About the Song: “I Never Go Around Mirrors”
“I Never Go Around Mirrors” was recorded by Lefty Frizzell and written by Whitey Shafer and Lefty Frizzell himself. The song was included on his album The Legendary, which was released in November 1973 under ABC Records. The Legendary entered the US Billboard Top Country Albums Chart in 1974 at No. 37, for a total of 5 weeks. While the song “I Never Go Around Mirrors” peaked at No. 25 on the US Hot Country Songs chart in 1974. Furthermore, the song remained on the chart for a total of 12 weeks.
All About the Song’s Content
Did you ever wonder what you look like when you go through a breakup? Well, this song is all about that. A man who neglects himself, physically or emotionally, because he is going through a hard time. He doesn’t care about anything else, for now, all he could feel is the pain of being left by the person he loves. He never looks in the mirror because the way he looks right now reminds him that she’s gone and he’s alone now. A lot of us go through this phase of a breakup. The part where you don’t care for yourself for a little while. However, this phase won’t last long, people eventually get through it and finally get to be happy again. It’s just a matter of time.
i never go around mirrors, Lefty Frizzell
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Alan Jackson’s New Album ‘Where Have You Gone’ Is Almost Here and We’re Excited!
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!