Thomas Rhett’s Life Changes speaks about his instantaneous leap from university student to country music superstar, to marriage to paternity. The surprising changes in his life journey outline his musical character distinguished by a pop-country beat. In April 2018, it was launched to country radio, being the fourth single from his third studio album, Life Changes (2017), with his label Valory Records.
However, the song wasn’t composed to be recorded. The songwriting get-together with his dad, Rhett Akins, and co-writers Ashley Gorley and Jesse Frasure at the family’s farm started as a “big event session.” At that moment, he was being dragged to all directions and following a busy touring schedule. The song also expresses how the couple considered adopting Willa Gray while also being pregnant to Ada James. They wrote it as real as he has ever composed any music in his life.
Thomas Rhett was overwhelmed when the song instantly ranked #1 on the Billboard 200 the month it was released. It became the first No. 1 country album that topped the said chart. The song reached the top spot on Canada Country Billboard in August 2018 and US Country Airplay in September same year. The song was certified Platinum in September 2019.
As Thomas Rhett’s Life Changes emerges from a simple writing session, he defines his desires: “Keep pushing limits, stay honest to ourselves, and continue to make music that can remain classic.”
You may also check some of Thomas Rhett Songs but you can listen to “Life Changes” by Thomas Rhett in the video below, and be inspired.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend