The “King of Country Music” is back! After four years from his last studio album, Cold Beer Conversation, George Strait announced the launch of his new album. Honky Tonk Time Machine will be released on March 29, 2019. Strait’s album cover features the famous dance hall in Austin, Broken Spoke.
Three New Songs
Strait, despite retired from touring in 2014, still continues to perform. Last December, Strait performed in Las Vegas for his Strait to Vegas residency. Three songs from his new album were debut on the show. These include, “Every Little Honky Tonk Bar,” “Codigo,” and “God and Country Music.”
“God and Country Music”
His newly released song, which was out February 1, was penned by Luke Laird, Barry Dean, and Lori McKenna. Strait’s single features the past country music that we all loved. His song still embraces the country music style Strait plays all the time. “God and Country Music” included the sound of an acoustic guitar, harmonizing with pedal steel and the sweet sound of the piano. The best part of his new music is his grandson, Harvey Strait. Yes, George featured his 6-year-old grandson on his new song. Harvey’s voice appears at the end of “God and Country Music.”
Come hell or high water, there’s two things still worth saving
God and country music.
All About the Song
In Strait’s single, he talks about the things we can save because they are important in our lives. He mentions old practices or traditions we have that are worth saving because these are the reason why we are here. Among the things that we must always remember to keep alive is God, and the country music we used to know.
Check out his new single with his grandson, “God and Country Music.”
George Strait, God and Country Music, Honky Tonk Time Machine
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?