How’r you doin’ y’all!
Another day, another chicken…
THE FIRST SIP…
“…that well-loved and beloved Fried Chicken.”
Well, who don’t love ‘em Fried Chicken? Almost—if not—all States, Cities, Counties, and Countries have their own and well-known versions of that well-loved and beloved Fried Chicken.
Anywhere you look and anywhere you go, there’s always them Chicken Places! Chicken, chicken an’ more of ‘em chicken. Funny, but we never seem to get tired of havin’ some o’that good ol’ finger-lickin’-chicken.
“…Fried chicken wasn’t one of ‘em All-American Original Inventions.”
I had just learned that Fried chicken wasn’t one of ‘em All-American Original Inventions. In fact, the Scots, and later Scottish immigrants to the southern United States had a tradition of deep frying chicken in fat as far back as the middle ages, unlike their English counterparts who baked or boiled chicken. When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple.
“And the rest is History,” as they say. Who cares, really? Now you will find a Chicken Place in any or (even) all corners of the globe.
Mind you, as Country Folks—most especially us Country Boys—it ain’t just fried chicken that we love. As The Zach Brown Band put it:
“You know I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio on…”
Heck, The Zach Brown Band got that right! We shore love not only our Chicken Fried. We also love a cold, cold beer—after a hard week’s work—on a Friday Night. Yes, them jeans! Who doesn’t appreciate a nice-fittin’ pair? And of course, that good ol’Country Radio playin’ real loud.
THE LAST DROP…
Alright, as a li’l finger-lickin’ treat, I have here the FULL VIDEO VERSION of Chicken Fried by The Zach Brown Band…
You have just been “..Drinkin’ From A Dixie…”
May y’all be safe and Well and…
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!”
chicken fried, zac brown band
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children