Shania is definitely back and she is here to prove that she’s still the one. It has been 15 years ago when she last had an album but her new album, Now, immediately hit the top of the Billboard Charts upon its release.
The 52-year-old Shania debuted at the top spot last week and by October 5, she got 137,000 equivalent album units according to Nielsen Music.
The album release of Now is the star’s second No. 1 hit.
She also won the battle to secure the top spot this week in the U.K. Albums Chart that fended off Miley Cyrus’ Younger Now album.[like_button]
Swinging With My Eyes Closed
In the evocative music video for Swinging With My Eyes Closed, we can see Twain dancing in a massive room, wearing a sheer black dress that shows off her chiseled figure.
The video shows cuts of her and three pairs of dancers who are sensuously moving to the rhythm of the song. As the video rolls along, a couple of the dancers start to fling colorful powder that looks like smoke swirling around them.
Near the end of the video, Twain changes her outfit to a skintight jumpsuit covered in purple sequins still swinging her body to the beat of the song.
This song is the second single from the album, that followed Life’s About to Get Good released in June.
Now is her fifth album released, a first since Up! Way back in 2002. Also after her publicized divorce from her ex-manager/ husband Mutt Lange.
She’s confessed to ABC: ‘I took the long, long, long, long, long way around. I really didn’t think that I would ever make another album without Mutt.’
Shania said: ‘”It was a huge loss in my life…to lose Mutt. I just thought: “Well starting over in life is hard enough… You know, music, forget that.”
Way to go girl! You still definitely have what it takes.
now, shania twain
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?