“You Are My Sunshine”
This is a song recorded by Johnny Cash. It was released in 1969 as the tenth single from his album, Land of the Free Home of the Brave (Previously Unreleased Session).
“You Are My Sunshine” was written by Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell. They were also the first ones who recorded the song back in the 1940s. In addition, Davis was a prolific songwriter who became Governor of Louisiana after the song was released.
Other versions of the song have been released, including Bing Crosby’s, who became the first person to have a hit with the song reaching number 20 on the US music hits. Not only that, but the song was also used as a soundtrack in the movie “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” performed by Norman Blake.
About the Song
Oh you are my sunshine, my only sunshine
Girl, you make me happy when skies are gray
You’ll never never never know, how much I love you
But don’t you to take my sunshine away
These are the words we want to hear from our lover. Sometimes, the more we get to know the life of our lover, the more we get comfortable with his/her company.
The best feeling in this world is to love and be loved. Some people say that if you love someone, you should give all your love to him/her. But no, you should not think that way. Giving your best or giving your hundred percent love to someone does not assure you to be his/her life partner.
Many relationships have proved that after giving their best effort to someone, in the end, the ended up with nothing. I am not telling you to unlove the person you have now, but this is a friendly reminder that if you love someone, try to balance it with yourself and with your lover so that in case you have broken up, you still have something left for yourself.
Johnny Cash, you are my sunshine
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?