About the Old Dominion
Old Dominion is not just an ordinary band that was formed to sing country songs. Their music has a little bit of character. The band performs contemporary country music with a mixture of pop and rock ’n’ roll. The band was formed in 2007 and is comprised of Mattew Ramsey (lead singer), Trevor Rosen (guitar and keyboard), Whit Seller (drummer), Geoff Sprung (bass player) and Brad Tursi (guitarist).
They released their first EP, which was self-entitled in 2014. Followed by Meat and Candy in 2015. Furthermore, their second album peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Top Country Album charts. Their latest album, Happy Endings was released last 2017. “Written in the Sands” was one of the tracks in their latest album.
The Song’s Chart Performance
“Written in the Sands” was written by the band’s lead singer Ramsey and two of the members, Rosen and Tursi. The song peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Airplay and No. 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs.
The Song’s Content
“Written in the Sand,” a song that’s about liking someone but not making it official. People go out on dates, like each other but don’t want to put a label on their relationship, making it confusing and ridiculous. Life is simple if you want it to be. Therefore, if you love someone just tell them and be done with it. However, in the song, the man wanted to make their relationship official because he is in love with her. But the woman seems to not want to make it official between them. Sometimes falling in love in the past is more direct and better than nowadays. People often like to make a fuss or add drama to their life instead of just being direct and just fall in love.
Recently the band won an Academy of Country Music Award for Vocal Group of the Year in April 2018. If you haven’t heard of them, you better give it a try. They make country music with a twist that will make you want to come back and listen for more.
old dominion, written in the sands
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- CHECK IT OUT: CMA Country Christmas’ List of Performers and Songs
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012