Anderson’s Last No. 1 Song As a Solo Artist
Bill Anderson recorded the song that became his last number one on the charts as a solo artist in 1973. That song was the one entitled “World of Make Believe” which the singer has penned, himself. For a period of one week, the single stayed atop the US Billboard Hot Country Singles and Canadian RPM Country Tracks charts. All in all, it spent twelve weeks on the country chart. The song appeared on four various albums of Anderson namely Bill (1973), Live From London (1975), Greatest Hits 2 (1997), and 20 Greatest Hits (2000).
Wrapped Up in a World of Make Believe
In this song, the narrator describes the kind of world he wants to share with his lover. A world where the two of them could completely exchange the greatest love they can ever have. The tune mentions of dreamy things that could probably take place in that world. For instance, each time the phone rings, it’s deemed that she’s the one calling. Whenever there’s a knock on the door, it’s her coming home to be with him. Everything will just be about the two of them. Although his mind is full of pretentions, he is likewise hopeful that those will come true. After all, as the lyrics say, “faith can move mountains, and behind the darkest cloud the sun can shine”.
It isn’t bad to be pretending sometimes, right? Are you fond of make-believe too? We would be pleased to know your thoughts on the comment box below.
Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share this with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
Bill Anderson, world of make believe
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Trace Adkins Teams Up with Country Legends for a Gospel Collab
- Luke Combs’ Net Worth + Facts: Everything You Need To Know About The Country Star