Willie Nelson’s son, Lukas Nelson is clearly gifted of his father’s genes and musical ability as he covers his dad famous single, “Always on My Mind.”[like_button]
Always on My Mind, Various Artists
Just a quick flashback, ‘Always on My Mind’ or sometimes referred as “You are Always on My Mind” is actually a song that was already passed from one generation to another.
Originally, it was recorded by Gwen McCrae and Brenda Lee in 1972. Although Lee’s version scored the song a number 45 spot, several other artists recorded the song and managed to secure it a higher chart position.
In 1972, Elvis Presley recorded the song receiving wide critical acclaim and is considered as one of the songs that further cemented Elvis Presley’s musical career in the 70s. He was able to secure the 20th for the song in Billboard Hot 100 and 16th spot in US hot Country Singles.
During 1979, John Wesley Ryles’ version also reached the 20th spot in Billboard US Hot Country Songs.
Willie Nelson’s version is a different story. Come 1982, Nelson’s version of ‘Always on My Mind” blew up to be the best yet. It placed number one in Billboard Hot Country songs, placed fifth in US Billboard 100 and secured three Grammy Awards; one of them for Willie Nelson bagging Best Male Country Vocal Performance in 1983.
Lukas Nelson, Always on my Mind Cover
Every year, Sandy Beach Cruise features a flock of country folks rendering their musical gifts. On this video, we see Lukas and his friends with Red Young aboard the 19th Sandy Beaches Cruise.
The like father, like son story does not just stop at music as young Lukas dropped out of Loyola Marymount University to pursue music full time just like his father. Recently, young Nelson collaborated with Lady Gaga for a song entitled ‘Finding Yourself.’
Meanwhile, watch this fun cover of ‘Always on My Mind’ and have those feels:[like_button]
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”