Legendary songs come with legendary artists and Elvis Presley is no exception as his very first breakout hit ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ is one of the most covered songs of the Presley era. From Paul McCartney, Cher to Justin Timberlake, many have taken the chance to own this Elvis Presley song and make it relevant to their time but it was Willie Nelson and Leon Russel who put it to its rightful place.
Heartbreak Hotel, Willie Nelson ft Leon Russel
Heartbreak Hotel got a much-needed country touch when Nelson and Russel decided to go out with a collaborative album entitled, ‘One for the Road’ which also set the record for Willie Nelson’s seventh time to dominate the charts.
Maybe because Nelson and Russel’s rendition was simply an astounding example of how you properly breathe a new life to an Elvis Presley song.
Watch their live performance here:
Well, since my baby left me
Well, I found a new place to dwell
Well, it’s down at the end of Lonely Street
At Heartbreak Hotel
Where I’ll be, I’ll be so lonely baby
Well, I’m so lonely
I’ll be so lonely, I could die
Oh, and although it’s always crowded
You still can find some room
For broken hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom
They’ll be so, they’ll be so lonely baby
They get so lonely
They’re so lonely, they could die
Elvis Presly, heartbreak hotel, Leon Russel, Mickey Rafael, Willie Nelson
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend