“Crazy” has been one of Patsy Cline‘s biggest hits in her career. The song fits her voice and the way she delivered it was phenomenal. No one can top her version of the song. However, before it was given to her, the song was pitched to other artists such as Roy Drusky.
“Crazy” Went from One Artist to Another
Before Cline had the song, Willie Nelson wrote it for Bill Walker; however, Walker was not interested in recording the song. Therefore, Nelson tried to give it to Drusky. Most of the artists refused to record the song because they said that it doesn’t fit them. “Crazy” suits a woman, that’s why Cline recorded the song.
Willie Nelson His Song
When “Crazy” became popular, the song has been recorded not only by female singers but it has also been covered by male artists. Nelson, who wrote the song, followed Cline on recording “Crazy.” He covered the song on his studio album …And Then I Wrote in 1962. It was twice that he had to record the whole album. First, he recorded the entire album at Liberty Records in Nashville. However, his producer became dissatisfied of the result. He then moved the recording to another place.
Nelson’s album comprised of all the songs he wrote for other artists when he was struggling as a songwriter. Only one song was co-written by Hank Cochran, “Undo the Right.” …And Then I Wrote was not able to secure a position on the chart but his single “Touch Me” reached number seven. His album was the beginning of other artistic creations that followed.
Check out Nelson’s rendition of “Crazy.”
Other male artists who covered “Crazy” were Don McLean, Julio Iglesias, Neil Young, and Guy Lombardo. This proves that even though many used to think that “Crazy” is a song for females, male artists are able to pull it off. What do you think, Folks?
Crazy, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!