Crossroads Guitar Festival
Every year the Crossroads Guitar Festival throws a benefit concert to support patients in the Antigua Drug Center. The festival was found by Eric Clapton, a guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Moreover, the event features different talented singers and guitarists.
Willie Nelson’s Performance
In 2007, the festival invited the country singer and songwriter Willie Nelson to perform on the show. He sang his song “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.” Nelson brought his old and famous guitar Trigger with him. In addition, he was also accompanied on stage by country singer Vince Gill, and the guitarist, Albert Lee. Nelson performed his song and had an amazing guitar solo on stage. Moreover, his performance was stunning because none of the instruments has overpowered his voice.
The Origin of the Song
The song was written by Fred Rose in 1947. Roy Acuff was the first artist to record it. After him, other artists followed, such as Ferlin Husky, Hank Williams, Bill Anderson, Conway Twitty, Hank Snow, Don Reynolds, and many more. However, it was Nelson who made the song popular.
“Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain” Recording
In 1975, Nelson released his album Red Headed Stranger. “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain” was one of the tracks in his album. Nelson released it as a single and it turned out to be a hit for him. It reached number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Furthermore, the single placed at number twenty-one on the Hot 100 chart. On the other hand, Nelson’s single was able to enter the Canadian and Australian charts.
Nelson’s song has been included in Rolling Stone’s Greatest Songs of All Time.
Collaboration with Shania Twain
In 2003, Willie Nelson collaborated with country singer, Shania Twain to make a live album known as Live and Kickin’: Willie Nelson and Friends. On this album, Shania and Willie performed the song “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.”
Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, Crossroads Guitar Festival, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance