Everybody knows that when it comes to country music, Willie Nelson has established a name and brand of music that’s uniquely his. From his ingeniously written lyrics to his high powered and catchy musical style, it is no wonder how he was able to rise to the top and influence a huge population of fans in such a short time.
Some naysayers claim that by the time he reaches past the age of 70, his talent would start to dwindle. They were expecting him to dwindle down like a normal old man. But Nelson is no ordinary man—a fact he has proven yet again in his recent Northern Quest Resort and Casino concert on August 8, 2017.
He performed alongside his special guest, Kacey Musgraves.
Each time Nelson would finish a song and transition to a new one, the crowd were stunned and awed by how his consistently magnificent nasal baritone. He sang his 1981 track, Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground, casting a deep spell of nostalgia on his audience. Following suit, he performed On the Road Again and he made sure that his fans could feel his grin echoing through the sentimental message of the song.
What made his performance even more surprising was, even after 50 years, he is still able to produce a melody in a slightly higher register than he usually does. This is something that not most artists who’ve reached seniority can do perfectly.
Nelson also paid tribute to country stars past, such as Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, and Waylon Jennings. He performed Haggard’s It’s All Going to Pot, Williams’s Hey Good Lookin‘, and Jenning’s Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys.
But, his best performance of the night was when he sang Always on My Mind. Paired with his excellent guitar riffs and amazing vocal power, fans were left with nothing but praises and positive comments for the country legend. After he finished singing one of his most highly acclaimed pieces, the crowd gave him a warm standing ovation.
Kudos to you, Willie Nelson! We can truly feel your love and passion for music in all your performances.
Always On My Mind, kacey musgraves, Willie Nelson
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Kelly Clarkson Renegotiates Talk Show Contract Amid Divorce With Brandon Blackstock
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Luke Combs’ Net Worth + Facts: Everything You Need To Know About The Country Star