Kristoffer Kristofferson is a known American actor and a singer-songwriter. His talent in composing his own songs became his path in entering the music industry.
In 1960, he married his long-time girlfriend, Frances Mavia Beer.
In 1985, Kristofferson was one of those who formed the country music supergroup called The Highwaymen together with the country music stars such as Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Johny Cash.
Moreover, In 2004, he was awarded a Golden Globe Award being the Best Actor for his bright roles in the known movies.
Kristofferson’s “Why Me”
“Why Me” is a gospel song written by Kris Kristofferson. The song was released on April 1973.
In 1972, he recorded this song together with Rita Coolidge and Larry Gatlin. This song became a majority hit that reached number one on the Billboard magazine Country Singles chart.
This song is one of the best songs of Kristofferson. The song became gold as it reached one million units sold.
Moreover, the song was already covered by known Music Singers.
About the Song
Lord help me Jesus
I’ve wasted it so help me Jesus
I know what I am
But now that I know
That I needed you so help me Jesus
My souls in your hand
The song reminds us that no one compares to the glory of God. In whatever we do, we need Jesus to guide and protect us all the time. He is our source of strength and power because, without him, we are nothing.
The song speaks that in our hearts, we still need the love and grace of Jesus. He still accepts us no matter who we are. When you finally accept Jesus in your life, you will never feel unloved or insecure. Though we are sinners, Jesus still accepts us whoever we are. We must not forget how to pray every day and thank him for giving us life.
During your bad days, God is there by your side, ready to pull you up. Just trust in Him.
kris kristofferson, Why Me
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father