Most people knew that the song “What Hurts the Most” was a song recorded by the Rascal Flatts. However, it was not the Rascal Flatts who first recorded the song. In 2003, Mark Wills recorded the song “What Hurts the Most” for his fifth studio album, And the Crowd Goes Wild. When his version was released it entered the Billboard Digital Sales chart at No. 51.
Other Versions of “What Hurts the Most”
After Mark released his version, many artists began to record his song. In 2005, a pop singer named Jo O’Meara recorded the song for her album Relentless. O’Meara’s version became successful outside of the US. In 2006, the country band Rascal Flatts recorded the song for their studio album Me and My Gang. The song became a success for the band. Their version of the song entered the Billboard Hot Country Chart at No. 1. In addition, it also reached No. 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart. It entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart at No. 6. It was their version that became successful. Therefore, most people associated the song with them.
Other artists who also covered the song were Boyce Avenue, Jeffrey Steele and Clef Hanger.
The song was nominated in 2007 for the Grammy Award for Best Country Song. Moreover, the song was nominated for the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Country Song in 2007.
The Song’s Content
“What Hurts the Most” was written by Jeffrey Steele and Steve Robson. The song is a heartbreaking song of a man who tells the pain he felt after his lover left him. There are things that do not bother him and that he can manage. However, losing the woman he loves is something that he finds difficult to handle.
Listen to the original version of “What Hurts the Most” by Mark Wills.
Mark Wills, Rascal Flatts, What Hurts The Most
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?