Most people knew that the song “What Hurts the Most” was a song recorded by the Rascal Flatts. However, it was not the Rascal Flatts who first recorded the song. In 2003, Mark Wills recorded the song “What Hurts the Most” for his fifth studio album, And the Crowd Goes Wild. When his version was released it entered the Billboard Digital Sales chart at No. 51.
Other Versions of “What Hurts the Most”
After Mark released his version, many artists began to record his song. In 2005, a pop singer named Jo O’Meara recorded the song for her album Relentless. O’Meara’s version became successful outside of the US. In 2006, the country band Rascal Flatts recorded the song for their studio album Me and My Gang. The song became a success for the band. Their version of the song entered the Billboard Hot Country Chart at No. 1. In addition, it also reached No. 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart. It entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart at No. 6. It was their version that became successful. Therefore, most people associated the song with them.
Other artists who also covered the song were Boyce Avenue, Jeffrey Steele and Clef Hanger.
The song was nominated in 2007 for the Grammy Award for Best Country Song. Moreover, the song was nominated for the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Country Song in 2007.
The Song’s Content
“What Hurts the Most” was written by Jeffrey Steele and Steve Robson. The song is a heartbreaking song of a man who tells the pain he felt after his lover left him. There are things that do not bother him and that he can manage. However, losing the woman he loves is something that he finds difficult to handle.
Listen to the original version of “What Hurts the Most” by Mark Wills.
Mark Wills, Rascal Flatts, What Hurts The Most
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce