Netflix is a bank full of gems as it does not only give us our favorite TV shows and blockbuster flicks but it is also a house for of our favorite country and western movies. Today, we give you a list of some movies you could binge-watch to satisfy the cravings of your inner country and Western fan.
1. Once Upon a Time in the West | 1968 | Sergio Leone
Plot: The film portrays two conflicts that take place around Flagstone, a fictional town in the American Old West: a land battle related to construction of a railroad, and a mission of vengeance against a cold-blooded killer. A struggle exists for Sweetwater, a piece of land near Flagstone containing the region’s only water source.
2. El Dorado | 1967 | Howard Hawks
Plot: Cole Thornton, a gunfighter for hire, joins forces with an old friend, Sheriff J.P. Hara. Together with an old Indian fighter and a gambler, they help a rancher and his family fight a rival rancher that is trying to steal their water.
3. Blazing Saddles | 1974 | Mel Brooks
Plot: In order to ruin a western town, a corrupt politician appoints a black sheriff, who promptly becomes his most formidable adversary.
4. Meek’s Cutoff | 2010 | Kelly Reichardt
Plot: In 1845, a small band of settlers traveling across the Oregon High Desert suspect their guide, Stephen Meek, may not actually know where he is going. What was supposed to be a two-week journey stretches into five. With no relief in sight, tensions rise as water becomes increasingly scarce and supplies run low.
5. No Country for Old Men | 2007 | Ethan and Joel Coen
Plot: Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon a drug deal gone wrong and more than two million dollars in cash near the Rio Grande.
6. The Daughter of Dawn | 1920 | Nobert Myles
Plot: This restored silent film features a love triangle involving a Kiowa chief’s daughter and ensuing conflict between Kiowa and Comanche villages.
7. The Good, the Bad and the Weird | 2008 | Kim Jee Won
Plot: The story of two outlaws and a bounty hunter in 1940s Manchuria and their rivalry to possess a treasure map while being pursued by the Japanese army and Chinese bandits.
8. The Salvation | 2014 | Kristian Levring
Plot: In 1870s America, the fury of a notorious gang leader is unleashed when a peaceful American settler avenges the death of his family. Then as his cowardly fellow townspeople betray him, he is forced to hunt down the outlaws alone.
- Watch Troops Sing ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’ on Flight Home From 11-Month Deployment
- The 35 Saddest Country Songs When You Need a Good Cry
- In Honor of Patrick Swayze: One of Hollywood’s Most Savvy and Versatile Actors
- Upchurch Releases “Mud To Gold” Tracklist, Teases Fans with Self-Leaked Song
- Ten Things About George Strait Many Of You Might Not Know
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- The American Idol Alum Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner Love Story