About the song
Penned by Randy Scruggs and Matraca Berg, “We Danced Anyway” is a country song recorded by American country music artist Deana Carter. The song was produced by Chris Farren and Jimmy Bowen. It was released in December 1996 as the second single and second Number One hit from her debut album Did I Shave My Legs for This?.
To note, it reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. The song spent 2 weeks at the top of the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Also, for six non-consecutive weeks at the top of Canada’s RPM Country Tracks. It was also the RPM chart number-one single of the year in 1997.
Behind the song and some thoughts…
In the lyrics, the singer recounts happy memories of dancing in a “happy little foreign town” with a lover and invites her lover to dance again.
Most of us have heard about the five “love languages,” when applied to our interpersonal relationships. Some people prefer loving words, while others prefer giving and receiving gifts. While some like actions that show love, and others like physical touch. Others just like the person they care about to be present and engaged.
This got me thinking: maybe there’s a love language in dance. Maybe, part of what makes us connect with certain partners comes down to what connects best with us. And I think, that is the real essence of love.
Photo Credit: pngtree.com
Chart Performance: 1997 Hit Song
“We Danced Anyway” debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the chart week of December 14, 1996. The song peaked at Number One on the chart in March 1997 becoming Carter’s second number one hit overall.
Here’s a part of the song that I love…
I remember you were laughing
We were so in love, we were so in love
But we danced anyway
We never understood the words
We just sang
And we danced anyway…”
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website, https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
Deana Carter, We Danced Anyway
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?