There are moments in our life that we are so caught up with the struggles and pain. We are so consumed by all these tragic events in our life we feel like there is no hope anymore. But, as long as we live there is hope. There will always be a way to get out of all our demons or problems. We just only need Him to guide us.
The Content of “Something in the Water”
Carrie Underwood’s song “Something in the Water,” tells the story of a woman who’s been going through a lot in her life. She even reached the point where she felt that there is no more hope left for her. But one day, someone told her to have faith in God and everything will get better. At first, she didn’t believe in it until when she cannot handle it anymore, she fell down on her knees and surrender herself to God.
Couldn’t fight back the tears so I fell on my knees
Saying, “God, if you’re there come and rescue me.”
Felt love pouring down from above
Got washed in the water, washed in the blood
Isn’t it amazing that when we let go of everything and call upon the Lord’s name, we can feel His power? God is always willing to help us, all we need is to ask help. He’s never a selfish God.
“Something in the Water” Performance
“Something in the Water” was penned by Chris DeStefano, Brett James, and Carrie Underwood in 2014. It became part of Underwood’s compilation album Greatest Hits: Decade #1. The song was a top performing and award-winning single. It placed at number one on both the Christian and Country Songs chart. Furthermore, it made an appearance on the Christian Airplay and Country Airplay chart.
The song won the Billboard Music Award for Top Christian Song, Grammy Award for Best Country Solo Performance, and CMT’s Video and Female Video of the Year.
If you folks feel that life is weighing you down don’t be afraid to ask help from God. It only takes one step to solve all your problems.
Carrie Underwood, Greatest Hits: Decade #1, Something in the Water
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut