The Grand Ole Opry Performance
On March 27, 2018, Chris Janson and Jamey Johnson performed one of Merle Haggard’s songs, “Footlights.” on the Grand Ole Opry stage. Their performance was amazing, with a solo guitar performance by Johnson. Every word in the song was felt more deeply, rather than being overshadowed by loud instruments. This song is one of the best covers of Merle Haggard’s “Footlights.” No other distractions, just pure country. Way to go, Jamey and Chris!
Merle Haggard’s “Footlights”
In 1979, Merle Haggard wrote his single “Footlights.” It became part of his album Serving 190 Proof. The song didn’t enter any charts in the US because Haggard never released it as a single. However, his album did score a spot on the chart. Serving 190 Proof to fall at number seventeen on the Country chart. Haggard and George Jones recorded the song for their album Kickin’ Out the Footlights…Again. Sadly, the song didn’t enter the chart too.
Jamey Johnson is a country singer who is best known for his single “In Color.” Johnson’s only top ten and highest performing song in the chart was “In Color.” The single sold half a million copies and it was Gold-certified by RIAA. Jamey won the ACM Song of the Year because of his single. Furthermore, he was nominated for the Grammy’s Best Male Country Vocal Performance and Best Country Song.
Country singer Chris Janson has a total of eight songs on the Billboard country chart. His best-known songs were “Buy Me a Boat,” “Fix a Drink,” and “Drunk Girl.” His highest charting song was “Buy Me a Boat” which reached number two on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Furthermore, it was two times Platinum-certified by RIAA.
Watch how Jamey Johnson and Chris Janson made Merle Haggard proud on their performance of “Footlights.”
Chris Janson, footlights, Jamey Johnson, merle haggard
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage