Needless to say, today’s country world is in mourning over the loss of another music legend, Glen Campbell.
Nevertheless, it won’t hurt to suggest that one good way to cope is to reminisce the days he was in his prime and celebrating the best of life. If that is what works for you, then you might want to see Good Times Again. A music video showcasing Campbell’s versatility and prowess as he did not only country, but pop, rock, and R&B as well. Most were shots from his memorable entertainment show, The Glen Campbell Good Time Hour (1969-1972).
In it, you’ll be once again put into a nostalgia seeing some of the big celebrities of yester-years. While it’s fascinating to see him duet with the likes of Willie Nelson, Linda Ronstadt and Cher, it’s interesting to note that his guests list comprises music artists of different genres. Why he had rock & roll’s genius Ray Charles and Pop Star B.J Thomas on the show! Also, don’t miss his team-up with Rick Nelson on the Cajun-flavored “Louisiana Man.”
Besides those iconic duets, you would be grateful to see solo performances of his signature songs like “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “True Grit” and “Gentle on My Mind.” In all that songs, enjoy his proficient guitar playing with the famed banjoist John Hartford. His impressive talents then had him garner awards in the Grammy’s, ACA, and CMA. It also brought him to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a spot in the Country Music Hall of Fame.
The DVD runs for 75 minutes, 60 for the song performances with Campbell providing brief but reminiscent talks for each. Additionally, you would not want to miss the interview he had way back in May 2007 wherein he mused on his TV show.
So who’s in for an hour of experiencing the trendy music of the 1960’s and 1970’s?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”