Love songs do not need to be lengthy, usually, the simplest written love song has the most touching meaning. What matters is how the song is delivered and if it has a beautiful content. “Waltz you Saved for Me” is one of the shortest yet meaningful country love songs ever written. Emil Flindt, Gus Kahn, and Wayne King wrote the song. The song was first recorded by Wayne King with his orchestra in 1930. Its simplicity captured many listeners and artists, thus it was covered by various musicians.
Felin Husky’s Version and Chart Performance
Ferlin Husky recorded this song in 1961. He was accompanied with Smiley and Kitty as his backup vocals. Husky’s version of this song entered two charts in the Billboard. “Waltz You Saved for Me” placed at No. 13 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1962. Furthermore, the song remained on the chart for a total of 10 weeks. Aside from entering the Billboard Country chart the song also reached the 94th position of the Billboard Hot 100. In Addition, “Waltz You Saved for Me” remained on the Hot 100 Billboard chart for a week.
Other artists who covered the song were Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys in 1938, Emmylou Harris in 1982, and Merle Haggard in 1976. Merle included “Waltz You Saved for Me” in his album The Roots of My Raising. His version of this song did not make it to the Billboard chart, but his album peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Top Country Album.
About the Song
Waltz You Saved For Me is a short love song that is accompanied by instrumentals that will make you love the song. It is about a man who associated waltz with the love he has for his lady. That whether they are far away from each other they will always love each other.
A Little Bit About the Singer
Ferlin Husky, Waltz You Saved For Me
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story