This Dolly Parton classic has been covered a lot of times by various artists. The Whitney Houston cover even immortalized the song into the modern pop culture. This time, the legendary country singer Vince Gill put his version on this beautiful track.
The singer performed the song quite a few times. He even sang it with Dolly Parton but one performance is quite special since he performed it at the prestigious stage of the Ryman Auditorium. We all know that Nashville is the birthplace of country music. Let us reminisce the song through Vince’s performance.
Vince Gill’s Favorite Song
Since Vince Gill has done numerous performance of the song. It is safe to say that this might be his favorite song out of all the other Dolly Parton classics. But then again, the song is everyone’s favorite because of the rich history behind it.
Apparently, Dolly made the song as an apology to his ex-duet partner Porter Wagoner. She had to stop their partnership because she wanted to have a solo career. So, she wrote the song as a goodbye to her partner. Vince Gill was able to convey the emotions through all of his performances.
The Ryman Auditorium
The brief video was posted on the Ryman official website. The performance was almost a homage to Dolly Parton. Although the video released was only a teaser and not the full performance, you can already tell that is going to be amazing. For the full video of Vince Gill’s cover, stand by for the release on July 28, 2019.
Watch this brief video here:
- Unleash Your Inner Fierce With These Beth Dutton Quotes
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Johnny Tillotson’s Notable Cover of a Country and Pop Hit
- Inside Luke Combs and Wife Nicole Hocking Fairytale Love Story
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- A Young Cancer Survivor Singing Oak Ridge Boys’ “Elvira” Will Truly Warm Your Heart
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?