“I Can Tell by the Way You Dance (You’re Gonna Love Me Tonight)” is a song that Sandy Pinkard and Rob Strandlund wrote. American country music artist Vern Gosdin made the cover of it. Released in March 1984, it was the lead single from the album There is a Season. The song was Vern Gosdin’s 18th country hit and the first of three number ones on the country chart. The single occupied the top spot for one week and stayed for fourteen weeks on the country chart.
In 1980, after the demise of Elektra’s country division, Gosdin quickly moved through several contracts. In the end, he landed with the independent Nashville label Complete. Gosdin matched up to the ultimate legend of honky tonk vocals, George Jones. In 1983, Gosdin had two Top Five hits—“If You’re Gonna Do Me Wrong (Do It Right)” and “Way Down Deep”. The following year, he had his first number one single with “I Can Tell by the Way You Dance (You’re Gonna Love Me Tonight)”. In addition, he had two Top Ten hits.
At first, Vern Gosdin passed on the opportunity to record the song “I Can Tell by the Way You Dance (You’re Gonna Love Me Tonight)”. In the beginning, Gosdin found the song “too rock and roll” for him. Two years later, he made the decision to record the song and put it on his album: There Is A Season. When his record label launched it in March 1984, the song went to number one on the Billboard Hot Country Singles. Apart from that, it also entered the Canadian RPM Country Tracks charts.
As time went by, Vern’s popularity declined because of the surge of rock-influenced country styles in the 1990s.
However, he still continued to record on small labels. He never abandoned the pure country vocalism he had cultivated for so long.
i can tell by the way you dance, vern gosdin, you're gonna love me tonight
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?