Vern Gosdin released the song in December 1990. “Is It Raining at Your House” was a phrase from a conversation over the phone. The conversation was between Vern Gosdin and Hank Cochran. At that time, Vern Gosdin called Hank Cochran during a Nashville, Tennessee thunderstorm. He asked his friend “is it raining at your house like it’s raining at mine.” Hank Cochran, on the other hand, replied yes and thought of it as a good song. Then they, along with Dean Dillon, decided to make a song out of it.
“Is It Raining at Your House” was created surreally. From a simple conversation, it became a massive hit. Thanks to the thunderstorm as well as Vern Gosdin and Hank Cochran. Indeed, songwriters have ways to create their work of arts. May it be a profound thought, from an experience, and even a simple conversation can turn into a masterpiece. It is just so magical how a simple idea can transform into an inspiration.
Is It Raining at Your House…
As mentioned above, Vern Gosdin, Hank Cochran, and Dean Dillon pooled resources for the words and lyrics of “Is It Raining at Your House.” Vern Gosdin, himself, recorded and released the song in December 1990. Also, the song was part of his album “Chiseled in Stone.” The single reached at number ten on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Meanwhile, it placed at number eight on the Canada Country Tracks.
In the 2000s, various artists have released their covers and renditions. Brad Paisley released his cover in 2003 under his album “Mud on the Tires.” Jamey Johnson released his rendition in 2002 under his album “They Call Me Country.” Lastly, Lorrie Morgan released hers in 2016 under her album “Letting Go…Slow.”
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Hank Cochran, is it raining at your house, vern gosdin
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce