Growing old is one of the inevitable things in the world. It happens to everyone, and it chooses no specific person. Also, growing old takes a toll on our physical bodies and memories. However, this grandmother who has just turned 90 years old can still manage to bring in a vibrant personality as if she were only 30.
This lively woman whose name is Vera did such an amazing tribute to country music legend Patsy Cline. In fact, she even re-invented the country star’s song, “I Fall to Pieces,” and dedicated it to all senior citizens.
During her 90th birthday, her granddaughter Tifany Richardson snapped a video of her singing her version of the song. In the video, which was posted to her granddaughter’s social media accounts, Vera shared to her family and friends that she rewrote the classic country hit.
Before she started singing the Patsy Cline tune, she first asked the audience:
“Does anybody remember Patsy Cline and ‘I Fall to Pieces?’”
Immediately, the crowd responded an agreeing “yes” to the asking woman. She then continued and said:
“Well, I rewrote it and I dedicated it to seniors and it’s ‘We Fall to Pieces.’ And if any of you young people think it’s not true, I have news for you!”
With her warning, the guests watching her burst out to smiles and laughter.
Strumming her guitar, she then sang the familiar tune, comically trading out the original lyrics for the ones she wrote. Hysterically, Vera started singing the song with the lines,
“We fall to pieces
Just when it’s time to have fun
We fall to pieces
From our lab work that we’ve done.”
Her song immediately captivated people on the internet drawing millions of viewers of the video. To date, her performance has already been viewed over five million times on Facebook, and it is rapidly rising.
Here it is! Check out Vera’s funny yet inspiring rendition of “We Fall to Pieces:”
i fall to pieces, Patsy Cline
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Loretta Lynn Remembers Eldest Daughter In A Heart-Breaking Tribute
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage