Co-writing a hit
In 2014, a video of one of the voices of Country Music, Randy Travis was posted on YouTube. He was singing an unreleased song co-written with Bonnie Paul titled “Childhood Sweethearts”. Bonnie Paul also sings a version of the song, but we know you’ll agree that Randy Travis’ version of the song is better.
“We co-wrote it together,” Paul shares in a tweet back In 2014. “I was jogging pushing my 4 year old son at the time, one hand on jogger other hand by my ear writing this song with Randy … We spoke for 3 hours writing it. I never jogged so fast one handed, and being on top of the world writing with such a country legend.”
The New Way of Randy Travis to be Heard
We all know that Randy Travis has been taking it easy nowadays yet he still makes effort to support Country Music.
Last March 5, he surprised Nashville’s Song Suffragettes, a weekly event for all-female songwriters round. The women onstage gave the country music legend a warm welcome by performing his very own “Forever and Ever, Amen.”
Randy Travis is also searching for the best tunes of the up-and-comers genre. He is now curating a playlist to share with everyone. According to his wife, Mary, this process does not only support the younger artists but it also gives Randy Travis a chance to be heard in a new way. Mary said on her husband’s website:
“Though Randy may not be able to perform right now, his love and affinity for music stands strong. We like to say he is ‘singing a new song’ and spending his time giving back to the community and supporting fellow artists — streaming is a great new outlet to do just that.”
As of today, Randy Travis’ Diggin’ Up Songs list is a mix of modern, edgy sounds and good ole traditional songs including “Heaven” by Kane Brown, Brett Eldredge’s “The Long Way,” Walker Hayes’ “You Broke Up With Me,” Luke Combs’ “One Number Away” and “Doin’ Fine” by Lauren Alaina.
We wish Randy Travis the best and all the success for what he’s been doing. God Bless His Heart!
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance