Released on June 11, 2001, “Love of a Woman” is a country song recorded by American country music artist Travis Tritt in 2000. American fellow songwriter Kevin Brandt penned this song with Tritt co-producing it with Billy Joe Walker, Jr. for Columbia Nashville Records. In addition, it is the third single from Tritt’s seventh album, Down the Road I Go. This three-minute song succeeded Tritt’s chart-topping single, “It’s a Great Day to be Alive,” in the same year.
Since its release, “Love of a Woman” has long been well-played on several radio stations. In fact, its highest placement was at no. 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks. Moreover, it also managed to enter the pop charts reaching no. 39 on the Billboard Hot 100. (not bad for a country music on the pop chart).
The Song: An Understated Ballad
While it is quite intriguing that despite its theme of a love song in a country vibe, the song has not been as popular as other Travis Tritt hits. “Anymore,” “Best of Intentions,” and “Help Me Hold On” are the singles that became very popular for Tritt. However, many have not seen the fact that “Love of a Woman” is of equal quality with those mentioned earlier. Only reaching the number two spot means that the song demands to be placed higher. As a matter of fact, it is a first-place worthy song.
Meanwhile, music critics have received and reviewed the song favorably. Billboard magazine correspondent Chuck Taylor described the song as:
“a gorgeous, understated ballad about the virtues of a good woman’s love.”
Adding, he said that the production is “low-key,” but gave praise to Tritt’s vocals and performance saying:
“an engaging blend of country-boy grit and heartfelt passion.”
WATCH the music video of Travis Tritt’s “Love of a Woman:”
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Kevin Brandt, Love of a Woman, Travis Tritt
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce