Life down here is rough. Faith, throughout the years, has carried people to keep believing and holding on to hope. Funny how the idea of it often gets mocked. It’s a mere crutch Christian fanatics manufacture they say. But with a shoulder shrug, today’s featured track from ICMA member, Tracy Lawrence gives people a peek into the consciousness of a believer presently plodding his way on this temporary world.
“Up To Him” by Tracy Lawrence (Official Music Video)
Video Courtesy: Rocky Comfort Records
Bits About “Up to Him”
Written by Tim Johnson & David Kent for Lawrence’ 10th studio album, “The Rock” was released in 2009. The cut was a perfect fit for Country, CCM, and Gospel genres. Both motivational and timely, “Up to Him” charted with ease reaching 47th as a single from the album’s release.
The rest of the tracks were equally inspirational that many will appreciate it without the feeling that they’re getting preached at. In full, the album was a winner for Lawrence as it reached the 4th spot on Billboard’s Top Christian Albums. Additionally, it led the way to Lawrence turning heads in the Grammy for his nomination in Best Country, Southern & Bluegrass album.
Why the Single is a Keeper
Professional and fan base critics combined to hold “Up to Him” in a positive light. For one, AllMusic member, Todd Sterling commented that Lawrence wisely opens up about his faith without beating “people over the head with self-righteous religious rhetoric.”
In the same vein, Country Weekly magazine observed that the single’s appeal is on its emphasis on the “shared imperfections that we all strive to overcome in order to be good people.”
bluegrass, gospel, ICMA, The Rock, Tracy Lawrence
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Reba McEntire to Star in NBC’s ‘Fried Green Tomatoes’
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend