A few months have passed by since the 2018 K-Love Fan Awards night in May, yet some acts in the event deserve more attention. Hence, we’re highlighting the collaboration between Mercy Me’s frontman, Bart Millard and renowned country star, Trace Adkins.
Following the multiple successes of Millard’s song turned movie, seeing Trace Adkins sing “I Can Only Imagine” on stage is momentous! So to all fans out there, feel free to belt out this magnificent song interpreted by two bright stars!
“I Can Only Imagine” – Mercy Me with Trace Adkins
Video Courtesy: K-LOVE Fan Awards
Why is the Single a Keeper?
Originally released in 1999, “I Can Only Imagine” remains to be on the top list of the most-played Christian & Inspirational songs. Conceived in Millard’s heart, the track continues to lead millions of orphaned souls to the embrace of the heavenly Father. What’s the magic behind it? It’s honest. Honest songs are always sure-winner for fans. Most producers might disagree, but that’s the plain truth about today’ feature.
In the movie, we’ve seen how Millard struggled to do away his pain by leaving his father. His manager (played by Adkins), urged him to “stop running” and to instead use the “pain” to build himself up. That turned out to be sound advice for Millard. God opened more doors of opportunities for him through the conception of his song.
Trace Adkins Thoughts on the Film, “I Can Only Imagine”
In CBN’s interview, Adkins admitted that as much as he was familiar with Mercy Me’s hit, he didn’t know the story behind it. But when he read the movie script, Adkins signed up for it and did portray the role well of the band’s manager.
He further stated that the part of the film when the song’s played is something that will remain in him for life.
“Nobody is beyond redemption.”
Bart Millard, I Can Only Imagine, MercyMe, Trace Adkins
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend