In Her Hiding Place
Kelly decided to stick to her Christian roots with her new album Hiding Place. Here, she referenced Psalm 32:7 as her title:
“You are a hiding place for me. You preserve me from trouble. You surround me with songs of deliverance.”
Correspondingly, that verse speaks about how our Lord is our protector and our guardian. It guarantees us that he will not fail us. Psalm 32:7 is strongly felt throughout the album – and the feeling of guidance and deliverance is especially felt with her equally important song “Psalm 42.”
Tori Kelly is a singer-songwriter who gained fame on Youtube and was also a former contestant in the hit series American Idol. Although she did not win the prestigious competition, she had achieved success in her music career. She has released her songs before even signing to a label. In the light of her hard work, she was recognized by being nominated as Best New Artist in the 58th Grammy Awards.
As a matter of fact, the book of Psalms is inherently a book to sing. But the way Kelly sang it is done with such reverence, it allows you to feel the faith flow through you. “Psalm 42” reflects how we need the Lord in our lives and in our souls to cast meaning in them. Together with the message of the whole album, you will really feel the love of our Creator.
Moreover, Kelly did an amazing job arranging the song to its bare bones. In the first place, this is what faith is supposed to be about – void of any embellishments, just the message of the song. You can clearly hear the honest emotions of the song. “Psalm 42” is here to fortify one’s faith in the Lord.
Watch the breathtaking performance here!
What did you think of the song? Comment down below to share your thoughts! If you like to read more content, you can visit us at Country Thang Daily!
Country Gospel, gospel, Psalm 42, Tori Kelly
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?