Standing up for the things you believe is sometimes difficult to do. Usually, when we are being criticized by others, we fall off from our beliefs. However, only a few who knows how to stand by the decisions they made. This includes the country singer, Toby Keith.
Toby Keith’s Criticized Song
In 2002, Keith released a single known as “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American).” This song was written by Keith. He was inspired to write the song after his father’s died in March 2001 and the 9/11 attack. His single received some criticisms. However, it was able to reach number one on the Billboard chart.
“Love Me If You Can”
After five years, Keith released his song “Love Me If You Can.” This single was written by Craig Wiseman and Chris Wallin in 2007. Toby decided to record the song because he wanted people to know his side after the criticisms he received from his song “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American).”
The Song’s Content
Becoming true to yourself and to what you believe is what “Love Me If You Can” is all about. The narrator in the song thinks he has the right to share his belief and what he felt about certain things. He doesn’t care if people think he is right or wrong instead, he will stand his ground.
“I’m a man of my convictions
Call me wrong, call me right
But I bring my better angels to every fight
You may not like where I’m going
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can.”
Toby earned his sixteenth number one song on the chart with “Love Me If You Can.” In addition, the song reached number forty-eight on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. “Love Me If You Can” is one of the tracks in Keith’s eleventh studio album Big Dog Daddy.
Courtesy of the Red White and Blue (The Angry American), Love Me If You Can, Toby Keith
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance