There are things far more important in life than money. We may agree that we all need money because it provides us with things like food, shelter, or clothes, but it can’t provide us with the most important thing called love. Josh Turner’s 2012 single “Time Is Love” reminds us of the importance of love.
The Content of the Song
In the song, the narrator prefers to spend most of his time with the woman he loves instead of working for longer hours. He knows that love matters and time is limited that he has to spend it wisely with his woman.
Time is love, gotta run,
Love to hang longer,
But I got someone who waits,
Waits for me and right now
She’s where I need to be,
Time is love, gotta run
We couldn’t agree more with Turner’s song. Love is really more important than money because it is something that can never be replaced.
The Songwriters Story
“Time Is Love” was written by Tony Martin, Mark Nesler, and Tom Shapiro. The Boot interviewed one of the songwriters, Tony Martin. He told them that he and Nesler had an idea of what to write, but they didn’t write anything. Martin only began writing when he was with Shapiro, but they weren’t satisfied with the song they wrote. They left the song untouched for a year. When the three finally get together, the song was finally done.
Josh Turner’s Album
Turner recorded the song in 2011 for his fifth studio album Punching Bag. Then he released his song as a single in 2012. The song reached number two on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Furthermore, it crossed over to the pop chart at number forty-four. “Time Is Love” became popular that it sold a million copies. Therefore, it was platinum-certified by RIAA in 2018.
Take a look at this inspiring song by Josh Turner.
Josh Turner, Punching Bag, Time is Love
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- LeAnn Rimes’ Version of Vince Gill’s “When I Call Your Name”
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?