Do you already have a breakup anthem? Well, you can definitely use Tim McGraw‘s song “Please Remember Me” as it talks about giving the best of luck to your past lover.
The song only wants genuine happiness for the person that he/she loved. Now ain’t that a good thing to hear?
Tim McGraw’s Version of “Please Remember Me”
Jennings told Songfacts the story behind the song:
“This song began in the summer of 1994 in the garage of my house in Westlake Village, California, when my engineer and I were testing a portable recording studio which I was to carry with me the next day to Carmel, California, where my wife and I were to stay for three months.”
Years after, McGraw picked up the song and decided to cover it. It was under his 1999 album Place in the Sun.
Tim’s version immediately became a hit. He chose to do a similar version of what Rodney did, but with a hint of pop. In fact, this was Tim McGraw‘s biggest solo hit on the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at number 10.
You’ll find better love
Strong as it ever was
Deep as the river runs
Warm as the morning sun
The chorus part of the song is what everyone can mostly relate to as it gives break-up a good name. It is hard to be happy when faced with a sad departure of a loved one. But the song wants to let everyone know that not all breakups should be that bad. You can still wish your loved one all the happiness in the world because that is what true love is all about.
The song is sentimental, and it holds a special place in all country fans’ heart. It is also somewhat sad but just enough that you can still crack a smile while listening to the music.
Listen to the original version of Rodney Cowell here:
cover song, Please Remember Me, sad anthem song, tim mcgraw
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 30 Of The Most Gorgeous Sunflower Fields You Can Visit In The United States