“Three Wooden Crosses” depicts what is prevalently happening in our society. There are people seeking happiness, acceptance, and inner peace. Somehow, their souls are lost and need to be found. However, for some, it is late for redemption. But, the song is a reminder that it is never too late to redeem yourselves.
Yes, we are humans, and we make mistakes. We make bad decisions in life that affects our way of living. Worst is that we touch the people surrounding us. With this, a good relationship, love, and trust can be devastated. Nevertheless, the point is, it is never too late for a change. There is always a place in our hearts for forgiveness and transformation. The transformation for us to become better people. We can still be happy doing things the way we like, and we can still enjoy the perks of life while becoming a better person.
Three Wooden Crosses
The story is about four passengers, a farmer on vacation, a teacher looking for higher education, a hooker, and a preacher. All are searching for their lost souls. The passengers are traveling from the United States to Mexico. However, faith was not smooth; the bus was involved in a fatal accident hitting an 18-wheeler. The crash killed three of the passengers. The lyrics ask why there were only three crosses and not four.
Indeed, the song is powerful enough to inspire people to change the course of their lives. Besides, it is an intense depiction of faith and redemption. These seem fit to what is happening around us. Time is perhaps running out, but change does not require time. It requires sincerity and wholeheartedness to embrace change.
“Three Wooden Crosses” is one of the most famous country gospel songs performed by Randy Travis. After he released the song, various artists made their interpretations. Josh Turner is one of the credible artists with a rendition. He covered the song in 2016 in celebration of the “50th Annual CMA Awards”.
Josh Turner, Randy Travis, Three Wooden Crosses
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce