Like father, like son; those are the exact words to best describe country musicians Thomas Rhett and his father Rhett Akins. Rhett Akins has been a huge inspiration to his son because when Thomas was young, he tours with his father. Hence, seeing his father enjoy what he is doing. That, perhaps, led him to follow his father’s footsteps.
“That Ain’t My Truck”
“That Ain’t My Truck” was a hit during the 90’s and recorded by Rhett Akins. One of his singles from his album A Thousand Memories. The song was written by Rhett Akins, Tom Shapiro and Chris Waters in 1994. The song peaked at No. 3 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs and further remaining for a total of 21 weeks on the chart. His album only peaked at No. 45 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums in 1996. Furthermore, his album remained on the charts for a total of 65 weeks.
The Song’s Meaning
The song is all about a man who is waiting for a girl he is courting to choose between him and another man. He was eagerly waiting for her to call him and pick him over the other, however, he got tired so he drove to the girl’s place and found out that she had already made her choice. Parked in front of her house was another man’s truck and he knew that it’s over. Although he wanted to go in and prove to her that he’s worth more than the other man, he chooses not to.
Father and Son Performance
Thomas Rhett performed his father’s hit song “That Ain’t My Truck” last April 2016 at Wild Bill’s. He was joined on stage by his father Rhett Akins. They both played the guitar while performing the song. I think that Thomas is as good as his father.
What about you folks, what do you think? Who does it better?
Rhett Akins, that ain't my truck, thomas rhett
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?