Which is more difficult, to leave a person or to be left behind? It is said that in every relationship, one person loves the other more than how the other feels. That is why sometimes two people break up one hurts more than the other.
“This is It” Chart Performance
“This is It,” Jim Reeves’ single that peaked at No. 88 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart for 1 week, in 1965. Furthermore, it peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1965. Reeves’ song was released a year after his death. The song was included in his album Distant Drums. The album top the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums at No. 1 for 32 weeks, in the year 1966.
The song is about a man who was devastated because his lover left him, while he was still completely in love with her. He always knew in his heart that he will always take her back no matter what. However, he knew that this is going to really be the end of their relationship. He knew that she’s never coming back at all. Furthermore, he predicted this day would come, and it did. Left alone, broken-hearted and knowing that she will find someone better than him.
Jim Reeves’ Death and His Legacy
Reeves died from a plane crash at the age of 40. It was said that his plane was caught up in a thunderstorm. However, despite his early death, Reeves’ albums and singles topped the charts in and outside America.
In Addition, Reeves was inducted into the Country Hall of Fame in 1967. Distant Drums, one of his posthumous album reached the top of the charts in the US and UK. His widow, Mary, compiled Reeves’ released and unreleased songs after his death to produce a new album for Reeves. Other number one posthumous songs of Reeves are: “Is It Really Over?” and “I Won’t Come in While He’s There.” “Gentleman Jim” has and will always be an inspiration to many, even after his death.
Jim Reeves, this is it
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life