When good things happen to us, most of the time, we are so happy that we forget other things in our lives. The moment we only realize those other things is when we are in those moments when life is dragging us down when troubles and bad things are piling up. We only remember people when we are not feeling good, and that we need someone to comfort us.
Merle Haggard’s 31st No. 1 Single
“Someday when Things are Good,” was Merle Haggard’s 31st single to peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, in 1984. The song stayed at No. 1 for 1 week and remained on the Billboard chart for 21 weeks in total. This song of haggard was his first single in his album His Epic Hits. He wrote the song with his ex-wife Leona Williams in 1984.
“Someday When Things Are Good” Content
“Someday when Things are Good,” is one many Merle Haggard song to peaked at No. 1 on the charts. As we have celebrated his birthday and his death anniversary last Friday, today we would like you to listen to one of his songs. In this song, the narrator seems to stick with his lover as he knew that she needed him, especially during the bad times. He loved her so much that he stayed in their relationship just to keep her company, but he knew that someday when she’s okay she’ll not need him anymore. That’s why he said that when things are good he’s going to leave her. It is heartbreaking for the narrator’s part as he chooses to stay in a relationship that selfish.
Most people have been in relationships like this. Where the one gives more than the other, the one sacrifices a lot than the other, and the one pretends everything’s okay even if it’s not anymore. Not only between lovers has things like this happened. Even in friendships, one supports the other, but when they serve their purpose they are forgotten. The best thing I guess is to just walk out in toxic relationships like this.
merle haggard, someday when things are good
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Meet Kelly Lynn, Chris Janson’s Wife, Manager and Driving Force
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012