The beautiful Emmylou Harris is best known for her songs “Beneath Still Waters,” which was originally recorded by George Jones, “Born to Run,” and her album Blue Kentucky Girl. She is a 13th time Grammy Award winner. Harris has also worked with other country singers like Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Linda Ronstadt and Don Williams.
All About “One of These Days”
Harris recorded a song written by Earl Montgomery in 1976, “One of These Days.” It is the number 5 single on her second top performing album Elite Hotel. “One of These Days” made it to the No. 3 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1976. While her album Elite Hotel peaked at No. 1 for 2 consecutive weeks on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart in 1976. This was her first album to earn her a number one on the Billboard charts. Furthermore, in 1976 Harris won her first-ever Grammy award. Her album Elite Hotel garner her the Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. Thus marking the beginning of her successful career in the world of country music.
What Does the Song Mean?
“One of These Days” shows us a picture of how we should look at life. Many of us think or make decisions like we aren’t going to die, like we still have tomorrow to live. However, life is not like that. Life should be lived like tomorrow’s never going to happen. Therefore, while you still have now you should not be sitting around complaining or judging yourself, instead, you should go do the things that you love. You should choose to be yourself no matter what because one of these days life will be over and it won’t matter what people say. This is what Emmylou Harris’ song wants us to understand, that life should be lived to its fullest no matter what.
Emmylou Harris, one of these days
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Vivian Liberto, Johnny Cash’s First Wife, Speaks Up About Their Ruined Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend