Andrew Sevener, a native of Alvaro, Texas joined The Voice with a surprisingly amazing cover of the hit Rolling Stones song “Honky Tonk Women.”
Night five of the Blind Auditions rolled around Monday, the 11th of March with a bang. Country music’s banner waved proudly with the first representative to give a perfect mix of a classic rock song and making it totally country.
Watch the amazing audition here!
The Voice’s Andrew Sevener
The hopeful explained where he got his inspiration and his musical influences from.
“I live in a very, very small town. The only big thing that goes through there is the freeway. “I asked my dad if he could teach me how to play guitar around fifth grade….Yeah, just went on from there.”
At age 15, he started to play in a band with his parents. He expressed that playing in a band with them was fun and that he learned so much from them. But then again, he was trying to get his solo career to take off as well.
He also expressed the plights of not being a full-time artist, and that sometimes it gets hard too.
“I have a day job—I’m a motor-home tech and motor-home specialist. And there’s times where I’m playing seven gigs a week. It’s a lot of work, but if that’s what I got to do to make my dreams come true, then that’s what I got to do.”
But his hard work certainly paid off, as Coach Blake Shelton wasn’t hesitant to turn for the Texas hopeful. It was a surprise, however, that he was the only coach that turned for Sevener.
“What are y’all laying down over there for?”
Shelton shouted, expressing his disbelief; to which rookie coach John Legend replied with:
“We’re intimidated by you, Blake.”
Coach Kelly Clarkson did rave about his voice. And Shelton added that he could hear the hints of the musical stylings of Hank Williams Jr. during his performance.
Tune in weekly on The Voice, airing Mondays!
Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Blind Auditions, John Legend, Kelly Clarkson, the voice
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance