The Sisterhood is a country music duo composed of Alyssa Bonagura and Ruby Stewart. Both girls are born into superstar roots, as Bonagura’s father is a member of country band Baillie & the Boys, while Stewart is the daughter of singer Rod Stewart.
They met through a group of musical friends while working on their solo careers. But as they get to know each other more, they decided to work together professionally. Bonagura and Stewart joined forces in 2015. They described the duo’s music as “an organic blend of the open melodies of classic Western Coast folk and the magnetic swagger of timeless rock n’ roll.”
We All Want to be Someone’s
Let’s face it. We’ve all had the feeling of “that should be me” or “let it be me” at some point of our lives. And that in itself can be either bitter or sweet, depending on the outcome. But like the song “Someone’s” sing, we all just want to be loved. We wish to be someone to someone.
It’s not easy to put into words how the mixture of emotions can actually feel in person. But “Someone’s” perfectly captures the depth of the feeling. Coupled with the sweet and smooth voices of Stewart and Bonagura, the song in itself is just marvelous.
“Someone’s” is also released in the EP Summer Setlist. Stewart starts with the verse with Bonagura’s harmonies. In this studio recording, it’s a softer version of what they put out three years ago with their “Field Recordings.” The backing track is more tender, matching the harmonies of The Sisterhood perfectly.
Listen to the song below!
Can you relate to the song? Comment down below what you think! Interested in more articles like this? You can visit us at Country Thang Daily!
Contemporary, Country, Love, Someone, The Sisterhood
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend