The Martins and their music are widely recognized in the Christian music industry. Up to this date, they are tireless in spreading the Good News.
English and Lowry took them to a Gaither Homecoming video rehearsal at a church in Indiana where they made an impromptu audition in front of Gloria and Bill Gaither. That day was the start of their journey in spreading the Gospel through music worldwide.
In 2002, Jonathan left the group to spend more time with his family. Joyce and Judy then enlisted the help of Paul Lancaster. They were inactive as a group for them to focus on their own families. During this time, they each recorded a solo album.
In 2011, they released their first album together in 10 years. The Martins returned to touring and were warmly welcomed by the audiences.
In 2013, The Martins returned to the studio to record The Martins A Cappella that garnered a Grammy nomination for Best Roots Gospel Album in 2014.
They released their latest recording in 2018 called “Still Standing.” It showcased their benchmark family blends and intricate arrangements. These compositions, including a remake of their classic hit “Wherever You Are,” reflect the latest chapters in siblings Judy, Joyce and Jonathan’s journeys as they share messages of God’s goodness and providential hand at work in every season of our lives.
From time to time, we all need to be encouraged and reminded that there is still hope and a reason to keep going. The songs on “Still Standing” draws the attention of listeners towards the One who not only created us but also the entire universe and the ever-present Savior who will never let us down.
“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?”
The Greatness of God’s Love
The Martins is a living testimony of how great the love of God is. He works with us during the hard times and will be the first to celebrate when we overcome our troubles.
Watch the young Martins singing “Out of His Great Love:”
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Loretta Lynn Remembers Eldest Daughter In A Heart-Breaking Tribute
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage