Most of us loves remembering the past, especially the good ones. And, music is a great way to look back. Not to mention, one of the best songs to backtrack with a little is “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Beatles. The song was recorded and released back in 1969. It has been forty-nine years since then. Through the song, recollect all the good memories and maybe the not so good instances of yesterday as well.
Don’t Let Me Down
John Lennon wrote the words and lyrics of “Don’t Let Me Down.” However, it was credited to Lennon-McCartney songwriting. The song was recorded on January 28, 1989, and was released on April 11, 1969. Billy Preston accompanied the band with his backing vocals.
The song was written as an anguished love song to Yoko Ono. On the other hand, “Don’t Let Me Down” is considered one of the most potent love ballads.
The band was formed in 1960. Mainly, the performers and members were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. It was Lennon and McCartney who originally formed the band.
The Beatles was the best-selling band in history. Also, the group has more than best-selling albums and singles in the United Kingdom. Additionally, the band was named as the best-selling music artist in the United States. As of 2017, The Beatles holds the record of having the most number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100.
Furthermore, The Beatles have received seven Grammy Awards, an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and fifteen Ivor Novello Awards. In 1988, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The four members were individually inducted 1994 to 2015. They were also included in Time magazine’s compilation of the 20th century’s 100 most influential people.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Don't Let Me Down, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, The beatles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce